Congratulations, you’re expecting! After processing the news and heading to your appointments, you are probably wondering what the heck you should be doing to support the nutritional needs for you and baby.
Research shows that what you eat during pregnancy can affect both you and your baby’s health. Even with a healthy and nutritious diet, your body may still require additional energy and nutrients to support a healthy pregnancy.
The health benefits of proper nutrition during pregnancy can include:
- Improved development and health of your baby
- Decreased risk of health complications for mom (i.e., gestational diabetes, anemia, preeclampsia.)
- Increased energy levels
- Improved sleep quality
- Supports appropriate weight gain
- Improved mood
- What to eat by trimester
- Prenatal supplements
- Foods to avoid during pregnancy, and caffeine
- Gestational Diabetes
- Preeclampsia/high blood pressure
- Managing heartburn
- Pregnancy and safe seafood
- Quick snacks for pregnancy
- Best foods for pregnancy
Optimize you and your baby’s health with Your Complete Guide to Prenatal Nutrition, designed by a registered dietitian.